Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Thru Hell, High Water, or Dark of Night

About 2 weeks ago I ended up giving myself a migraine - my first in 6 years - due to the stress of upcoming exams, etc. I had talked to my mom on the phone and then taken Maggie for a walk before bed, but upon returning home I had a full blown "aura" that resulted in a huge blind spot in my vision and a feeling of disconnection from the world. All very scary to me of course since I was by myself.

I called Scott and talked to him for a bit, eventaully asking if he'd mind coming over to stay with me since I was scared to be by myself in case something strange happened. We discussed it, and given my mental and visual state, he decided to ride his bike up the hill from campus to my place at 11pm at night. I know he had some qualms about riding that street at night and all but, wonderful guy that he is, Scott still came over.

When he walked in the door he explained that the ride itself hadn't been as bad as he thought it could've been, but that he had skidded and scraped his knee in the process. What my guy won't do for me! :)

Having him by my side that night was incredibly comforting and I feel oh so blessed to have someone willing to go above and beyond to help me out. Did I mention I have the most wonderful fiance in the world?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home