Monday, September 11, 2006

My Safety Net

Just thought I'd write a bit tonight about how awesome Scott is. :) Tonight I was stressing out big time - I had about a bazillion things fall on my head as soon as I got home from an 11 hour day on campus and I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I called my mom and vented (probably more than I should've since she's probably about as stressed as me lol) and it helped; sometimes I just need to scream and complain and cry a bit and it's all good. My mom is a great listener.

After I got off the phone, I started talking via AIM to Scott and he offered to help me address one of my major sources of concern (the formatting of my resume :P). Once that was finished, he shared in the joy of having that done. Step by step I worked through everything (it was a lot easier than I thought it would be), and step by step, he was there to cheer me on. :D

Scott has really become one of my safety nets - I know that he'll be there to listen and help problem solve, or just make me laugh and forget about my problems for a bit. Sure there are times when I just need to vent and don't need advice, or when the problem is complex and I'd rather work through it another way, but the majority of the time he's who I can turn to when I've had enough. I guess he's kind of my 'port in the storm' of my often crazy hectic life.

I just hope I can serve the same purpose for him as he does for me. Sometimes I worry that I ask too much; Scott just is so giving and I don't want to take advantage of that awesome quality if I can't reciprocate. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home