Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holidays

So Thanksgiving was last week and I was home; Scott was in Lake Station. I had a few people ask why he wasn't in Bloomington with me which I totally wasn't expecting. It did make me realize that we're going to have to figure out holiday plans for the future. One of my friends and her fiance have has some troubles figuring all that out, but Scott and I have briefly discussed the topic and I think we should be able to figure out a workable setup without too many problems. :)

I have to admit that it is strange thinking about not spending every holiday with my parents at home. I guess it's understandable since I have been doing just that for over 20 years. Sometimes it's nice to be able to relax into something completely known and comfortable.

It'll be a little odd to adjust to another family's 'traditions' during holidays, too. Scott thinks my family is too active on Thanksgiving since we go hiking and do stuff out of the house and I can't imagine being stuck inside for the whole day (although since I would be with Scott that does make it more appealing).

Maybe we should just create our own traditions and visit family on the days surrounding the holiday, but spend the actual holiday at our place doing our own thing. That is quite tempting right now since it would mean we'd be able to visit both families if we wanted and it gives us a chance to start some things that are uniquely ours. Hmmmm interesting. I'll have to give that some more thought! Scott is a superb cook.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home